Claire VERSCHELDE, PhD
European Patent Attorney
French Patent Attorney
Belgian Patent Attorney
Life Sciences – Medtech
PRACTICE & PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Claire Verschelde is one of the two co-founders of ICOSA and ICOSA Europe, two IP law firms specialized Biotech, including life sciences and chemistry. She is also the co-founder of the subsidiary ICOSA Medtech, exclusively dedicated to Medical Device.
She manages patents portfolio specializing in biotechnologies (therapeutic and diagnostic) and Medical Device. She is a well-known expert in strategy and valuation of assets of Intellectual Property to acquire or transfer IP rights. She assists a wide range of clients, including startups and investors, in audits of Intellectual Property and in “due diligence” regarding rising funds.
Claire Verschelde is a privileged representative at the EPO in particular for opposition proceedings. She drafts legal opinions on infringement, patent validity, and freedom-to-operate studies. Her freedom-to-operate studies lead to recommendations for a strong patent strategy in order to limit or avoid counterfeiting risks on third-party patent products.
Claire Verschelde is regularly involved into biotech conferences and symposiums where she often acts as jury member to select and train on industrial property innovative and high potential start-ups.
Claire Verschelde built her experience in one of the major French IP law firm where she contributed to the development of the Biotech department.
- French Qualification Exam (EQF)
- Belgian Qualification Exam (EQB)
- European Qualification Exam (EQE)
- PhD in Immunology from the Fundamental and Clinical Immunology Department (ENS, INSERM) – Lyon
- MSc in Molecular and Cellular Biology from the prestigious École Normale Supérieure (ENS) – Lyon
- Licensing Executive Society (LES)
- Association Internationale pour la Protection de la Propriété Intellectuelle (AIPPI)
- «Handbook of European Intellectual property Management» (Third Edition, Kogan Page)